Talking Holidays

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Talking Holidays

Post by Grandad »

Perhaps the weather of the last week has set us all thinking about a holiday break in warmer climes.

LLL got in first with her three week trip to Mexico, eventful as it was I'm sure it was a really nice break.

Kiya has been busy spending Roys money for her trip to Faro in June. So far none of our three have volunteered such generosity to their 'Old Mum and Dad' ;) so we have had to make our own arrangements.

All we want is a short break in the sun. Complete relaxation with good accommodation and food. So in a months time we will be off for 8 nights in Ras Al Khaimah in the Emirates. I have very limited mobility now and even need assistance at the airport so we are not interested in sight seeing. Just a chill break with 5star service. I shall only take my Kindle Fire (with the new keyboard) so I shall be able to keep in touch.

Anyone else thinking of holidays this year?

@Kiya
I am sure you will but do get travel insurance for your holiday. The EHIC card only gives limited medical cover. If you and David do not have one you can apply for free online. If you do have one check the expiry date, they are only valid for five years.

:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Talking Holidays

Post by Kiya »

Thanks for the reminder Grandad, my EHIC is ok to Sept 19 but I will get more cover :up

As for spending Roy's money ( I know your kidding ) he decided to send me off anywhere I wanted all expenses paid for us both, when I asked why he said " I've realised Mam your not getting any younger and wont be around forever, remember that song " Born to be Wild " well now is your time to be wild "

What am I to answer to that to my dear boy ;) :)

Forgot to add I will keep a tight grip on my purse this time !!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I think it is very thoughtful and generous of him Kiya. But we know from what you have told us that you have done so much for him over recent years. Even decorating his room in Ferarri red if my memory is correct. We know you are very close to David and wish you a very happy holiday. Tell us all about it on your return. :up
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Your memory is spot on Grandad :) even the colour of Ferrari Red. Yes out of 5 brothers David is my No 1 , I'll look forward to seeing your holiday pictures first.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am thinking half the fun (or a quarter of the fun) is in the planning stage of a holiday :) :)
bigken

Post by bigken »

I had this year's long haul all planned, flight to Beijing, bullet train to Xi'an, flight to Siem Reep, then Hanoi to see the north of Vietnam.
Anyway it's been put on ice till next year as I have been a good boy and given in to my good lady's demands of having a rest this year, so it's 2 weeks in the sun at Hurghada. But I have managed to get 5 nights in Reykjavik in November out of her [emoji16] ( Aurora borealis better come out to play )

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@BK - A couple weeks of sun anywhere is always wonderfully relaxing. Photos of your trip appreciated too! :sd: :sd: :sd: