Now there's a funny thing ;-)

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Now there's a funny thing ;-)

Post by Grandad »

Probably of more interest to Horus but for general interest:
I think I recently mentioned that we were considering buying a new TV and soundbar. This was because we felt that the picture quality of our present TV had declined, and we both have some difficulty hearing the dialogue from the small speakers in todays slimline sets.
I decided first to buy a soundbar and bought a moderately priced Bose with no subwoofer. This arrived in about 19 hours from order from Amazon (how do they do it?) and I set it up yesterday. Fortunately my TV has an optical out socket so I hoped to get the best that the soundbar would offer.
In my old set up I had a Youview box from which the signal passed through a HDD player/recorder and then to the TV.
I don't use the HDD so removed it so the signal goes direct from Youview to the TV and the sound from TV to soundbar via optical connection.

So what's the 'funny thing'?
Well, when I switched everything on, not only was the sound very much improved but the picture quality was as good as the showroom sets in Currys PC World.
So for an investment of a couple of hundred pounds I have saved myself possibly wasting several times that on a new TV. Happy days. ;) ;)

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Now there's a funny thing ;-)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Excellent!!

Sounds like an excellent perk to me!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Now there's a funny thing ;-)

Post by Kiya »

I wonder if your sound bar is like Roy's in his property...........though I admit the sound quality is better but when Roy has it on its thundering..............too much for me but then again I don't like loud sounds :o :)