What's your MOOD today

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What's your MOOD today

Post by Horus »

Ah, it looks like one of those difficult situations regarding the property, if he has no financial interest in the property then giving him notice to remove his chattels would be the right thing do do, give him a deadline after which it will be disposed of, but do it via a solicitors letter to keep it legal. ;)

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Oh yes! Couldn't agree more - but thankfully I'm not legally involved. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm again just me. Guess I don't really pay too much attention to my mood really as it doesn't particularly swing but I am getting TIRED of the incessant rain and gray skies.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have a happy feeling today simply cause the sun it OUT! And the (shhhhhhhh) RAIN is gone.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I wish we had some sunshine, it was snowing today :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It was like a pond outside my back door. I thought the people scurrying down the street today looked like "Matchstick Men" with their brollies up and the rain bouncing in a haze over them.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

At least the snow turned into rain up here ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

On the Ball for a change this morning! Watched silent witness until after 2.00am no heating but slept until nearly 9.00am :up Have opticians appointment at 2.00pm so will have a brief browse in the City, which will be nice.

Last night I watched Vera. As who dunnits go this was a classic. The twists and turns, the different ways the investigation turned up all sorts of other things that the police were interested in was very believable. I am a Brenda Blethyn fan anyway, but her portrayal of the shrewd, blunt, middle aged and totally professional police inspector who looks so innocuous is brilliant. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Mood Buoyant! I walked further than I thought possible yesterday. so today stiff, but I need to do more of the same if I'm going to improve my fitness! I know I can do it, Inshallah.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Artistic My daughter was asking how I had made a soup that she tried at my house yesterday. She is on a diet and when I told her that the ingredients amounted to very little calorie wise she said it was really nice and wanted to make some herself. I gave her my recipe and was going through the general cooking proceedure when she declared "I know I will bring everything to yours tomorrow and we can cook it together". So today I will be cooking with my daughter and that will be the first time since she was about 5 years old and we were playing with her toy kitchen. ;) lets hope the results are better this time. :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

How lovely Horus, are you going to give us the recipe too? ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mad Dilys wrote:How lovely Horus, are you going to give us the recipe too? ;)
The recipe is extremely easy MD, but my measurements are a bit rough and ready and all sourced at Tesco, as in they are available in the pre-pack vegetables to give an idea of quantity:

You will need:
1 full head of Celery, weight approx 500 gram.
1 pack of Leeks (usually 3, each with a cross section of about 30mm diameter) weight approx 500 gram.
2 Medium Potatoes (baking size and variety) weight approx 400 gram.

1/3 cup of Virgin Olive Oil
1 (Knorr type) Vegetable stock pot
3 Vegetable OXO stock cubes
Garlic Granules
Black Pepper (from grinder)

A large pan and a Liquidiser of some sort (I use my Nutri-Blender and do it in batches)

Method:
Wash celery and remove root and top ends (about 1/2”) 12mm
Slice all sticks across to give narrow 1/4” (6mm) wide pieces, don’t worry about ‘strings’ unless you get some tough ones, as the rest will just blend down. (Even use up the pale leafy bits from the centre of the head)

Put Chopped Celery into the biggest saucepan you have along with the Olive oil and have the heat on high. Keep covered, but keep checking and turning over with a spatula to avoid burning. The oil will initially coat the celery prior to it sweating down in the pan.

Wash the Leeks and remove the root base and cut across into 1/2” slices, (12mm) quick check on the celery, ;) start at the bulb end and keep cutting into the green until it falls apart, discard what is now left.

By now the celery will have had a head start and begun to soften, so add all of the Leeks and give it a good stir around. Keep the lid on and moderate the heat so that they all sweat down but do not stick and burn in the pan, keep giving it a stir.

While that is taking place peel the 2 medium potatoes and after cutting in half lengthways slice them across into very thin slices about 1/8” (3mm) wide, no more as you want them to cook quickly.

Check on the Leeks & Celery and if soft turn the heat right down.

Take a large jug and crumble the stock cubes into it and add the stock pot jelly. Now add 1.5 litres of boiling water and mix thoroughly.

Turn the heat back up and add the stock liquid to the softened Leeks & Celery, give it a stir and then add all of the potato slices (by now you pan will be quite full). Cover and adjust heat to keep it all at a medium simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Take your Garlic granules and shake about 1-1/2 teaspoon across the pan (adjust to taste as cooking progresses) Add a generous grinding of Black Pepper (to taste) and give everything a good stir.

I find that there is enough salt from the stock, but you may wish to add a pinch just to flavour. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes or until the potato is soft enough to eat, good cooking always involves dipping a fresh clean spoon into the pan occasionally to test the progress. I always finish up with half a dozen spoons in the sink even when cooking for myself, it makes me cringe to see some chefs dipping a spoon into the food, tasting it and then using it to stir the pot again, gross!

The final stage is to let the mixture cool for about 30 minutes before blending. I use a large Tupperware container with a tight fitting lid and using a ladle I fill up my ‘Nutri-Blender’ to the max level and then blitz it until it looks to have a fine texture with no lumps. I can then pour the blended contents into my Tuppeware container and then blitz another mix, but be careful if the mix is still hot as the blending operation can heat up the container quite a lot and also produce some extra steam when you separate the blender to empty it.

You will end up with a very smooth textured soup that looks like it has had cream added to it, it keeps well in the fridge and can be used up daily by just placing in a soup bowl and zapping it in the ‘Ding Box’ for 2 minutes to reheat it, very quick and I think very tasty.

The long painted finger nails are my daughters and not mine :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Brilliant! Thank you Horus. :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I might give that a try, thanks Horus. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I reckon you ladies will really enjoy it, it's very easy to make, cheap and really tasty, give it a go. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Looks delicious! :eat
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

My mood today is frustrated! I actually started sewing again yesterday but with the wind blowing a gale and it's raining and grey, it's too dark to do anything! It doesn't help that I'm working with blacks and greys! :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It's another awful grey and windy day here too :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm having a good day and still upbeat, in spite of the weather which is even worse than yesterday. (I chickened out of going to get my prescription yesterday because of the weather.)

I don't have my prescriptions delivered as I am so lazy - it forces me to go out! :oops: