Women of rural Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Women of rural Egypt

Post by Grandad »

I 'borrowed' this post of Hepzi's from L4U because I think the pictures are beautiful and worth sharing here.

"I've just come across this net page and thought I'd share as there are some wonderful photographs of Egyptian Women:"

Women of Egypt Mag
An Advocacy Movement to Empower the Women of Egypt

20 Photos | Celebrating the Hard Working Rural ِEgyptian Women on Their International Day
October 15, 2019 By: UN Women

https://womenofegyptmag.com/2019/10/16/ ...

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Women of rural Egypt

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad Thanks for sharing this. Quite an interesting article.

What stands out most for me with these photos are the women's hands. You can tell they have a hard life and work hard at manual labour. This is reflected in their hands that reflects the chores of their daily lives.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

All lovely looking women, like LLL I noticed to the size of their hands, good hard working hands & yet they still look happy.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

You are very observant ladies. I agree they all have quite large hands, none are slim and delicate. Almost like mens hands which comes from hard toil no doubt. But they all still look beautiful and I have found the same in rural India where women work as hard or harder than the men, and have the children, and keep the home. :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

In Trinidad when I was there it was common for women to do most of the work with one hand whilst keeping the other hand all nail polished, adorned with rings and lovely. Then when out the "good hand" would be on top of the other hand. I've watched my gf slave away at something with one hand cause she refused to use both not wanting to mess up her good hand. The work was maybe not quite as hard as the work in Egypt but it was significant.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I am fascinated by hands, probably because mine are naturally very different. Left long slim fingers and oval nails the right thicker fingers with smaller round nails. Its not from use - I was largely ambidextrous until way after it was noticed. I still fish, shoot, dig and sweep left handed, how about you?

Kardashian Warning! The first thing I noticed about Kim Kardashian was her, and I mean this with the greatest respect, Peasant's hands. She is naturally a middle European peasant and nothing wrong with that.

That and her huge behind combined with her short stature would have most women weeping in their pillows where she lived in America - I grudgingly admire the way the public have been handled. Everything about her except the above three features is openly artificial yet successfully made desirable. Wierd.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've heard the phrase 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' (or some such) but by and large I'm not overly sure I'd even recognize any of them. I don't think they're movie stars, definitely not politicians so I'm truly not sure what niche in society they fill other than to have developed a name that has recognition attached to it ......
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I've only just seen this post! Thanks for taking the time to post the photos, Grandad, - even if you did pinch them from Hepzi! :D I see what you mean about the size of their hands and feet though. Mmmm! I don't think I could ever be accused of having large anything. I have tiny hands and feet, and bird bones for the rest of me! :urm: