Theme Parks in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Theme Parks in Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

A few years ago while visiting Cairo i went to one of the theme parks.

The rides where pretty tame nothing like you would find in Europe, possibly the Egyptians would be scared to ride on our big rides, who knows...

In the UK I have a friend who rents out waltzers, speedways and other big fair ground machines to universities and other big events, of course all the rides have to be checked and double checked each build, insurance is high and all machine are checked often by special engineers before licenses are given out, spot checks are done often too.

While visiting the theme park in Egypt i was actually nervous of going on even a small ride with thoughts of safety going through my head all the time, when was it last checked, as it ever been checked, i cant see them having much safety procedures like they have in Europe.

Have you been to a theme park in Egypt ? let us know your experiences..

Here's are a few Theme Park that i know........

DREAM PARK (Cairo) - http://www.dreamparkegypt.com/Area.htm

FANTAZY LAND (Alexandria) - Dont know if this is still open, it got a right slating off on a theme park forum - click the link for photos and review. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... sc&start=0

MAGIC LAND (Cairo) I think this is the one i visited, The dolphin show was actually good :)

Image Image
Image Image

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

I think Magic Land is the one I went to - but it must have been 10 years ago! Don't think it had been opened all that long then so everything was new and shiny.

Think I went on the rapids (weren't much like rapids from memory - sure I didn't even get wet)

Beats me what else I went on - but obviously it was all so thrilling that it really stuck in my memory! :roll:

I do remember the dolphins (and maybe a walrus or whatever it was)

I lost my mobile phone in there (but then found it again right where I dropped it half an hour later)

Actually - that first picture looks exactly like the spot I dropped it!

Fantazy Land!!!!
Don't even get me started on that hell hole! It just looks horriffic! :mrgreen:
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

I agree godess Fantasy land looks more like nightmare land!!!
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

:snig:

I read a load of the comments about Fantzy Land. It appears it now has cult status!!

Almost makes me want to scoot down there and find out if it's still as horrific now.
It always reminds me of a bigger version of Nady el Medina in Luxor deserted during the day and a bit nasty looking and heaving at night time filled with lights and noise. Might be forced to check out this theory and go past it at night time to see if it does liven up a bit!

There used to be another ..... hmmmm .... what shall I call it?? ...... permanent fairground springs to mind called Sindbad but think that too died a horrible rusty death a few years back.

So tell me DJK, does Nady el Medina still have the rather freaky Sufi dancer ride in the corner?!?!
:snig:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Hehehehe i know the one with the evil looking woman in the middle spinning around, actually it was moved to somewhere else (ive forgot where i saw it now) but im sure its back in nady medina now :)
jewel

Post by jewel »

:( Oh dear don't know when you went to magic land - we went around 2002, and thought in general it was ok - there were some "teletubbies" larger than life wandering around and we went on most of the rides liked the water one and the one with daisy cars :oops: ...I even left my camera on a seat and returned after an hour to find it safe!! So those were positive things ....but when we went did not enjoy the dolphin show (dont like the idea of them in principle) but there was a really fat overfed seal also,it was so sad really - and I just find these kind of spectacles when animals are used in this way grotesque, but apart from that it was a good day out :)
evil looking woman in the middle spinning around
I will have you know that "evil looking woman" is Umm Klthoum - one of Egypts greatest ever singers! :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Jewel wrote:
I will have you know that "evil looking woman" is Umm Klthoum - one of Egypts greatest ever singers!
Judge for yourself if you agree, on this very old piece of film clip.
I am not sure if the UK link will be visible to everyone as the embedding option has been disabled

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H961u7ouDN8
jewel

Post by jewel »

I love this one :D ....they just don't make them like this anymore!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

UPDATE!!!!

I went past Fantazy Land a couple of nights ago ..... and it's gone!!! (Which seems odd as I'm sure I looked at the big wheel as I went past it a few weeks back) Drove past the spot twice the other night ... and it wasn't there either time :lol:

So sad to report that there will be no first hand photos from myself .... the only thing I saw remaining was the entry gate, looks like they took all the rides away. (Can't believe I just referred to those accident spots as rides)