Reading Help Requested

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Reading Help Requested

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Must have been that this past winter has been one of the crummiest, coldest, wetest on record that has led me to pick up one book after another.....Reading voraciously lately. Used to do this as a child and hardly ever had my nose out of a book........

I just finished "Growing up bin Laden" (terrific read too) and am looking for another book and am looking for suggestions......Anybody have any recommendations?

My favourite genre is Biographies........ Any suggestions? Any books you've read that you just couldn't put down? Please share the author or title.........

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Sorry LLL cant help you there, im a big fan of blood guts and gore myself, but know how you feel, ive more than had my share of books and all things bookie this last winter, TV was rubbish , nights were too long , in fact winter was too long.........note to self ( emigrate ) :) :)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Me too :) absolutely had enough of winter for this year and as it tires my eyes I don't read quite so much nowadays. When I do I like a good adventure or a good factual history type of book, but I try to get out and do a walk as much a s possible, weather permitting that is. :roll:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Weather has been the WORST here this year I've ever experienced which is why I think I'm back onto a reading jag. I like TV for maybe 2 hours per night if it is Discovery Channel or History Channel but lately there has been nothing appealing to me at all. I love walking but with it raining (cold bloody rain too) I haven't been going out.

I read all 3 of Steig Larsons "The Girl with Dragon Tattoo, play with fire and kicking a hornets nest" and they type of book is enjoyable reading to me too. Just that I've been reading so many lately I've used up all my favourites that I've been waiting to read. I enjoy reading on the Kindle too as it is so easy to hold and change pages (OMG I just said that - I'm reading cause what? I find it difficult to change pages? Talk about the height of decadence - I'm down or up in life to worrying about changing pages..............) Guess I have to 'get a life' or summen........
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

I've ran out of books and exhausted the history section at our local Library so am now reading...wait for it....scientology, a new slant on life' by L.Ron Hubbard.

I am also reading my way through 'Palestine, a Guide'. When I had to cancel my February trip to Luxor my Easy Jet air fare was put on a credit file and as to be used up by Feb 2012. When I was last in Luxor I had a nagging feeling I wouldn't returning again for a while??? and as things are going it may well not be anytime soon.
I have found a cracking flight price with Easy jet for January next year to fly out to Tel Aviv and then I can get myself over to Palestine BUT I am oooing and ahhing whether it will be safe enough out there to take Archie with me?
:? Plus will they actually let me in with Egypt and Moroccan stamps on both our passports?
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

You may get a firmer " Feel" for Palestine after the elections in Egypt in September JoJo, the powers that be will no doubt be voicing thier take on the current liasons between the 2 countries, a little strained right now im hearing, but we will all have to wait and see :)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I concur with Christine. Going to be hard to know what is happening in the entire area for a while.....Hopefully things will start to settle so you can get a feel for where you might want to holiday soon. Darn hard to read the tea leaves these days.....