So Real!!! Maybe Not!!!

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

So Real!!! Maybe Not!!!

Post by DJKeefy »

Im either cracking up or I need to go our more often :lol:

One of our members posted a photo of my bedroom however after looking at it i thought the photo of my bedroom which was on my bedside cabinet looked better, so i sent a private message to the member and told them to use the photo from my bedside cabinet which they can see in the photo they took... After a while i thought how stupid of me the other photo on my bedside cabinet is with me and they cant use a photo which is showing in another photo.. I thought i would PM the member and explain..

Then i woke up :lol:

Can you believe i looked at the bedside cabinet to see where the photo was (of course it was not there) i laid in bed for 10 mins thinking where as it gone and did i PM the Member... Still its so vivid in my mind like its true and did really happen...

Dreams are so weird sometimes... Why would a member be taking a photo of my bedroom, why would a member be posting it on the forum, and why would i have a photo of my bedroom on my bedroom cabinet, In real life you would question the above like i have done, but in a dream it seems perfectly normal.

Have you had any dreams what seemed so real you had to check around to convince your self that it was only a dream?

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

:lol:

Keefy,

sometimes dreams are so real and for me it takes quite a while to snap out of it, and you are in this kind of 'limbo', where you don't know what is real and what isn't.

My worst nightmare was.....well there are two actually that get gold stars!!

One I am lying in a coffin in complete darkness and the air is being sucked out of the coffin and the sides are closing in. I woke up absolutely hysterical gasping for a breath.

Then I remember I was looking at a girl at work's book in the coffee room and that night I dream't of a Vampire knocking on my bedroom window and telling my husband not to open it to the WAMPIRE!!! I was emphasising the W because apparently in my mind it would have been okay to let a V. ampire in but not a W.ampire????? :? I kept telling my husband that the Wampire was trying to trick us into thinking he was a Vampire so we would open the window!! work that one out!!

Her book was Anne Rice The Vampire Lestat :|

I forget all the good ones and the scary ones are the only ones I remember really.
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

What I want to know is which Member was DJK thinking had a photo of his bedroom! ;)
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Goddess wrote:What I want to know is which Member was DJK thinking had a photo of his bedroom! ;)
Glyph Doctor :mrgreen:

where is she by the way?.
I miss her great sense of humour :lol:
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

:snig:

Glyph will be back soon ... she's on her hols.
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Damn I miss her.

Wherever she is I bet it's a riot

:mrgreen:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Goddess wrote:What I want to know is which Member was DJK thinking had a photo of his bedroom! ;)
I dont know Goddess :roll: even though i sent them 2 PM's the members name was missing from my dream.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I realize this thread is pretty old but 'yes' I have had dreams that are so real it seems like I'm right there. I often have dreams that I know I'm dreaming in and often in my dreams there is lots of repetition. Something or someone will keep going over and over and over something. I don't dream often, at least I do not remember them but sometimes when I do remember my dreams are really vivid.

A couple times too I've been sleeping and had the sensation that I'm falling. I usually wake up quickly, this doesn't happen often but it has happened and the feeling and waking up fast are real.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I have heard it said that in those 'near death situations' if you didn't wake up you would actually die. :(

Simple solution.......never sleep. :)
:gg:
jewel

Post by jewel »

I do a bit of dream interpretation......falling arises in the hypnogogic or hypnopompic states, and can be interpreted as the need to be grounded, to take care within a known situation, and equally we may be harmed by being too pedestrian. Falling can also be interpreted as sexual surrender and as moral failure, not being as one should. We may feel we are not properly in control of our lives.
I often dream i am floating....often said by Freud to be connected to sexuality, but more probable the inherent need for freedom, and I am to a great extent a "free spirit" and have had these dreams since a young age...very interesting dreams are :) :D
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting about dream interpretation. I've listened to lots of discussion about 'dreams' over my years. I've had a few super vivid ones that I can remember extremely clearly and I DO dream in colour.

Grandad - I've heard that too - that is you don't wake up you'll die.

Another interesting rather associated notion is 'outer body experiences.' They are consistently reported with details that one couldn't possibly know otherwise. This could be the soul leaving the body and then for whatever reason finding out it can't leave.

I'm thinking the 'trick' or 'skill' or 'task' is to find out how to tap into this side of our brain. Am sure we can do it - we need to figure out how. We are only using a small percentage of our brains - (I use a real small amount - I'm saving mine! ;) ) so what is the rest of the gray matter doing? What is it for?
BillH

Post by BillH »

jewel wrote:I often dream i am floating....
Ever think that YOU were floating ??
Have you ever tried to take control of that experience Jewel.. ?

The long suffering Mrs H has a recurring Nightmare where I go through a door that I should not have gone through..
Any suggestions on what that could be Jewel ??

Personally I think she knows me too well..If a sign says "Danger Keep Out" I am the first one in there.. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've never experienced a feeling of floating just falling. In my dreams I sometimes dream of being 'inside' and looking out.....
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

I've experianced floating.....I was rising up to my ceiling. I was a very weird sensation....a very real sensation.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
BillH

Post by BillH »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:I sometimes dream of being 'inside' and looking out.....

LLL. Funny you should say that.. not totally unrelated to Lisa's experience..

Lisak wrote:I've experienced floating.....I was rising up to my ceiling. I was a very weird sensation....a very real sensation.

It's all about your body achieving the right resonance.. Some music does it for me, but always when being at peace or relaxed..

That's when you relaise that life is not quite how we imagined it to be.
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

I have had dreams seeming real, but i've also had dreams where I thought something was not quite right, also whise still in the dream. In particular when dreaming of deceased people, I'm talking to them thinking "ehhhrm, I thought you were dead??"
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
jewel

Post by jewel »

A door in a dream is the expression of an idea of a movement between two states of being, like an entry to a new phase of life - like puberty, middle age etc. There might be in reality chances available to us about which we must make deliberate decisions. If the door in the dream is shut or hard to open, it indicates we are creating obstacles for ourselves, whereas.........if it is open we can have the confidence to move forward, so - go for it Bill!!

M - people in dreams are so interesting on many levels, they may be reminders of earlier, happier times or offer explanations of past actions, and only the dreamer can be certain of their significance.
Every character who appears in our dreams is ultimatley a reflection of a facet of our own personality, and can be better understood by putting ourselves in the position of the person in the dream.
Interesting that dreaming of an Egyptian may represent our magical knowledge, or ability to barter, depending on our experience! :mrgreen:
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
BillH

Post by BillH »

Well, I have to admit that I have gone through a lot of changes in the last few years, but then I always knew I would.. eventually, before I died.
The door makes sense. Looks like I have a bit more pushing to do..

As a very very young child, things happened, but I put those things aside for a very long time, I would reflect on them momentarily while I was growing up, but with all the lights, whistles and bells, it's so easy to be distracted from your true self in this life.

I have had other lives, I have memories of them, and some were just so weird it took a long time to work just some of those things out.
I wish I had all the answers, just for my own sanity if nothing else.

Still, At least I know that death is nothing to fear 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
jewel

Post by jewel »

That is true Bill....have you considered past life regression at all? I think it would be fascinating to see what you find, and no ,death is not to fear it is exciting as it takes you on your journey. :)
This poem by hafiz puts it well......

The Quintessence of Loneliness

I am like a heroin addict
In my longing for a sublime state,
For that ground of Conscious Nothing,
Where the Rose ever
Blooms.
Oh, the Friend
Has done me a great favor
and has so thoroughly ruined my life,
What else would you expect
Seeing God would do!
Out of the ashes of this broken frame
There is a noble rising son pining for death,
Because,
Since we first met, Beloved,
I have become a foreigner
To every world
Except that one
In which there is only You
Or - Me.
Now that the heart has held
That which can never be touched
My subsistence is a blessed
Desolation.
And from that I cry out for more loneliness.
I am lonely.
I am so lonely, dear Beloved,
For the quintessence of Loneliness,
For what is more alone than God?
Hafiz,
What is more pure and alone,
Magnificently Sovereign,
Than God.
Hafiz (1320-1389)
from "The Gift", Poems by Hafiz, translation by Daniel Ladinsky
BillH

Post by BillH »

I can relate to that poem.
A gift..Hmmmm...

I did have a sort of regressive session inavertantly when I was a teenager.
I wasnt expecting it to happen, it just did.
I thought that the experience had lasted 10 mins or so, and infact I was under for about 2 hours or more.
Not all lives have been as a human. I do know I had a choice though..

That kid's song has more significance than meets the eye, to the uneductated in these matters.
this is relevant..