Who do you think..........

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Who do you think..........

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Who do you think is in the greatest denial about ghosts?

I'm relatively certain that if a child sees a ghost it is an experience that is accepted as normal and even if the very elderly have experiences with spirits/ghosts they would be accepting as the barrier between an elderly person and the here after is coming to an ending.

Those in the scientific community might be in the most denial feeling maybe they can't accept ghosts as they can't explain them......

Just another random thought that is wandering though this evening....

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Maybe it's all down to 'seeing is believing?'
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

On the other hand, anything that is only visual is created in the brain, so how do you know it is not just your brain playing tricks?
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Bingo Horus! Two minds with but a single thought. Last year I had to have a couple of surgeries and was given some very strong painkillers post operatively. I had amazing visual hallucinations. Enough to convince me that the evidence of my own two eyes is so much tosh. Brain chemistry can be altered by stress, illness, drugs and even hunger. I would never disrespect people who claim to see ghosts but I can't help wondering what they have had for supper. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Probably Stilton :lol: :lol:
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

And a nice glass or three of port. :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Definitely or three :) :lol:
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I am most definatley NOT in denial :!:
My hair is not going grey its the light shining on it !!
I am not fat, i just have a distorted mirror!! ( dont own any scales )
My skirts are not getting tighter, its the damn tumble dryer shrinking em !!
My Bra's..............mmm no we'll leave that one out !
Ghosts are just a figment of my "Bells" fuelled imagination.
I am not in denial.........I am not in denial......... I am not ........ I am ........ :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: @ Christine
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Good one Christine! MY HAIR is also NOT going grey! Just has off colour blonde highlights in it.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

:lol: :lol: OR.......we just buy the same light bulbs ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hey - I'm all for that explanation! It has not occurred to me to blame the light fixtures but that is actually a really good explanation! It isn't ME it is the light bulbs!!!! :):)))
BillH

Post by BillH »

Children are more atune as to what is going on in the world, funnily enough, a new born baby knows more than we do, but gradually looses this knowledge as it gets older.
The physical distractions in this world is what keeps us all here and our "feet on the ground" so to speak. Children gradually loose the "spiritual" connection as they get older.

A few months ago, I was in the room where my daughter was being assessed for having an induced birth, as she was fed up waiting for our Grandson to be born.

I was quite some distance away from my daughter, infact almost by the door, but I could see the fetal monitor and I noticed the babies heart rate increase, then lower back to normal. After a while, I realised that the babies heart rate increased as the lady in the room opposite was having her contractions, and then as the contraction ceased, the heart rate of my soon to be Grandson dropped.
This happened every single time the lady opposite had her contractions.
There was no way anyone else could hear her, as the room was quite big, and I could only hear, as I was standing by the door.

It's no coincidence by the way..

There's a lot about life that is claimed to be unknown, but that is down to the way we are educated by our parents and authority. Egyptian Symbology explains it quite well, the "duality" of life and all that.

When you are alone and quite, consider this.. Do you actually feel alone ? or do you often think there is someone nearby ?

closer than you think... ;)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Welcome back Bill :) we have missed your posts ;)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Well well well :) I keep getting a bit worried now and again when my cat keeps staring up at the right hand corner wall of where my bed is, her eyes and head move like she is watching something move around, sometimes she gets off the bed and goes to the corner and follows this invisible thing around, ive got out of bed so many times to check up the wall etc, but nothing... whatever is there I just hope its good :worry:
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

DJKeefy wrote:whatever is there I just hope its good :worry:
Stop being a wimp and ask it :P :P :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Keefy, do try and be polite or you may get something hurled at you - - - :) :) :)
BillH

Post by BillH »

Horus wrote:Welcome back Bill :) we have missed your posts ;)
Thanks Horus, it's been quite a busy time what with work and family..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cat's are quite in tune with the things that we dont see every day. The Egyptians revered cats and would not allow them out of the country apparently.

Folk Lore also credit cat's with the ability to ward off evil spirits and protect their owner's, although if you ever though you owned a cat, then think again. They own you !

Dogs similarly can detect and warn you of evil presences, their senses are very keen. I recall one night, I was alone in the house, and my dog went beserk and ran to the back door, he refused to go out and kept getting in my way to stop me from going out to see what was going on.

He wouldn't follow me outside, and just beyond the back door, there was a very cold area that I walked into. As I walked back from the far end of the garden, having satisfied myself that there was nobody there, the cold patch had gone, and the dog came outside, cautiously.
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I do believe that dogs can sense things, but it may just be the concerns of the owner that they pick up on. As most of you know, I take my little mate out with me whenever possible and he is always either out ahead or hanging behind sniffing and poking about. On one ocassion we were in a very leafy wood with lots of little pathways that led off everywhere and continuosly criss crossed a small stream, in addition the terrain was very much up and down.

We were walking as normal for about half an hour with Max doing his normal stuff when I suddenly realised that I was not able to retrace my way back to our starting point without some difficulty, so with some reservations I headed off in a direction that I was not really sure would bring me out of this very dense wood with its steep terrain and back onto the road again. It was then that I noticed Max come very close to my heels and to dog my every step until we did finally reach the road again, he had started to do so from the minute the uneasy thoughts entered my mind. :)
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Thier sense of hearing is much much keener than ours, Cocoa our pup can at this early (20 months old ) age tell when Alans car is approaching far sooner than i pick up the sound of the engine , and clambers on the couch to look out of the window for him.
She can hear or sense when someone gets up , and charges up the stairs to greet them again, long before i hear them moving about, and she hears all the settling noises of the house late at night when things are quiet, and ignores them, but can hear through walls im sure of it, as she hears or senses next doors cat in our garden, and goes crazy !! :) :)

I dont think she has come across any ghosts yet though ;)