Do you believe in ghosts?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Bill wrote:
Please tell me the Scots guys wasn't your Pot Holing story...
:lol: :lol: :lol: No it wasn't, but it came close :lol: :lol:

BillH

Post by BillH »

Horus wrote:Bill wrote:
Please tell me the Scots guys wasn't your Pot Holing story...
:lol: :lol: :lol: No it wasn't, but it came close :lol: :lol:
Probably better we don't hear it then Horus :lol: :lol:

However I do recall being told a story of a pot holer, but it was more to do with a time travel experience, it was about 40 years ago when I heard it.
That wasn't it was it ??
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nothing like that Bill, it just scared the **** out of me at the time, but made me laugh afterwards. :lol:
BillH

Post by BillH »

You're not going to tell us this tale Horus, are you ? :roll:

Keeping an idiot in suspense here y' know... 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I beileve in ghosts and ive had quite a few weird experiences ( just a couple)

When i lived in Leeds (UK) sometimes in the early hours i used to go to the 24hr petrol station to get cigarettes etc we had a ginnel (A northern dialect word for a passageway) at the back of the houses on the estate, it was a long clean narrow path with high concrete walls at each side, the length was about 50+ houses which could be accessed by a main road behind the 1st house and last house and a small cut through to the estate about a 3rd in, it was lit well with lamps, anyway early 1 morning i was walking back from the petrol station along this ginnel and I noticed a man in a parker coat in front of me (walking forward in the same direction) I was a bit startled cause i did not see him enter the ginnel, but just brushed it off that i was not paying attention to the path in front of me, i kept a close eye on him as normally they were no one around at that time, he could be a mugger or something and really no where to run off except back once in the ginnel, anyway in a flash he just disappeared which of course **** me right up as there was nowhere he could have gone, i just ran quickly forward to reach the spot where you enter the estate. Its always kept in my mind when people talk about ghosts.

Another was in Luxor at the villa i stayed in at the West Bank (this is more of a mischievious Jin or whatever the Egyptians call them..

My computer desk is a metal frame with a glass top, under the glass top is a bit that slides out with the keyboard, on the glass top is my thin lcd monitor, my mouse an ashtray and normally my cigarettes and my flame thrower lighter (BIG). one day as usual i was programming and lit a cigarette up, i was typing a way and taking a few drags of my cigarette when i went to take a drag of the cigarette again i noticed it had gone out (strange for a cigarette) anyway i went to pick my lighter up which was placed as usual on top of my cigarettes and it was not there, i looked on the floor, checked my pockets etc, still no luck, at this time you start to do crazy stuff like go in other rooms like the kitchen etc to see if its there, even though you know you have not left the room you was in, after searching the other rooms etc i went back to the computer room and there was the lighter on top of my cigarettes, something which i cant explain.. The same happened a few months later with a bar of chocolate.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Oooo creepy Keefy especially the man in the alley.
BillH

Post by BillH »

I have had those kind of experiences too, I think many people do. In the city streets for example, it could be happening quite often without anyone noticing.

I recently had an experience of mutual De ja-Vue in my friend's shop in Luxor while he and I were talking. Awesome !!! 8)
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

A ghost once cost me about £50. A few Thai friends came to pick me up from the flat I was staying in and they stopped for a drink - knowing that Thais have a thing about ghosts I made the mistake of suggesting that there might be a ghost in the flat - well that was it - panic set in - one ran out to get a monk - another two ran to get 'offerings' and the other two stayed in the corridor outside the flat. The monk and the 'offerings' arrived - the monk said some words to the door and then painted a sign on the door - this was to stop any more ghosts getting in and to stop the one inside from escaping. The monk entered the flat - we weren't allowed to follow but I was told that he would open one window and force the ghost out that way before painting a sign on each and every window. It was about 45 minutes before he reappeared to say that the flat was now ghost free. Of course I had to make a donation to his temple and reimburse my friends for the 'offerings' then buy them all drinks at a local bar. These were educated Thais and not some village idiots. It took another week before they would enter the flat again.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

That's brilliant Brian, would love to have seen that carry on! :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Great stories from Keefy & Brian :) Now that alleyway one would have put the ***** up me! I would have legged it the other way :lol: :lol:

I will post it when I have finished typing it up Bill :) it is a bit longish ;)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Thanks for the better word Horus (alleyway) :lol:

I did freeze and look both ways a few times, some sort of feeling made me want to run forward towards my home.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ghosts-

Post by Jayway »

I know that feeling, Keefy. About ten minutes passed after my encounter, I stood by my car, puzzled. Then it seemed all the hair on my head and arms prickled, seemed to stand up +I felt a strange fear - for the first time - I jumped into the car + drove away very fast down the deserted dark country roads to welcoming lights of my local - Phew - -
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Jay, have you told us what happened during your encounter? I keep going back over the posts, but can't see it. :?:
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

Jay is waiting for her ghost writer to post it.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nice one Brian :lol: :lol:
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

Ive had lots of encounters with spirits/ghosts over the years, far too many occurences to write off. One of the most memorable was when I was 5 and woke up in bed to see a spirit stood next to my bed he was an elderly old fashioned gentleman smoking a pipe and stayed there for an age. I was terrified at the time. Years later I saw a old family photo which featured a gentleman smoking a pipe. I have often wondered if it was the same man.
BillH

Post by BillH »

denisegr wrote:Ive had lots of encounters with spirits/ghosts over the years, far too many occurences to write off. One of the most memorable was when I was 5 and woke up in bed to see a spirit stood next to my bed he was an elderly old fashioned gentleman smoking a pipe and stayed there for an age. I was terrified at the time. Years later I saw a old family photo which featured a gentleman smoking a pipe. I have often wondered if it was the same man.
Interesting experience with the man and the pipe..
could you smell the pipe ?

I have often smelt the presence of people I knew.
I have also seen animals as well.
Also, at an undisclosed location, I heard 3 loud bangs on the walls, while I was busy poking my finger into a huge cold spot in the room, trying to determine it's shape.. So these experiences are not just about seeing things. 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Bill wrote:
I heard 3 loud bangs on the walls, while I was busy poking my finger into a huge cold spot in the room, trying to determine it's shape.
I don't suppose it was fridge shaped by any chance? :P :lol: :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ghosts-

Post by Jayway »

Actually Horus, I am waiting for my ghost writer - - - I thought my story may appear any time now - -
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Horus wrote:Bill wrote:
I heard 3 loud bangs on the walls, while I was busy poking my finger into a huge cold spot in the room, trying to determine it's shape.
I don't suppose it was fridge shaped by any chance? :P :lol: :lol:
That was so funny Horus! :))) :)))