Do you believe in ghosts?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesssssssssssssssssss - MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!! :):):):)

Terrific story!

Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Fiona saying "my neck's been broken" really freaked me out. I told her to tell whatever it was that had, for want of a better word, possessed her to leave her alone. She couldn't say anything and in the end I was shaking her telling her to tell it to go. She did...through gritted teeth. We went back into the house. Colour had come back to Fiona's cheeks and again we all sort of laughed off what had been happening. Fionas' boyfriend kept saying "if you are going to levitiate tonight, please leave the duvet behind, it's cold." Gradually, after much banter, and nervous laughter and Fiona had turned a greyish colour yet again we all decided to call it a night. Luckily I still had my flat down the road for another week...there was NOWAY, i was sleeping in my house, and luckily a friend of mine was stopping with me as again, we were all shook up by what had happened and somehow there is comfort in numbers.

The next morning I got a phone call off Fiona saying not to meet her for lunch as had been planned as she hadn't gone into work. She felt like she had the flu. I went round to her house. She opened the door and looked awful. She still had the grey pallor and had dark circles round her eyes. The house was in silence. This was unusual as she always had the telly or radio on. But not today...she said she needed silence. I went to the kitchen to make a coffee. I asked her if she wanted one, she retorted that she didn't drink coffee! (Fiona usually drank about 5-6 cups a day!!!)

I was scared for my friend...this wasn't like her at all. Once I left I rang one of my massage clients, a lady who was a spiritualist. I asked her if she could come to my house and see what she could pick up. I also mentioned that I thought my friend had been possessed (this I did mention very quietly for fear of anyone thinking I was mad!!!) She said she didn't think she would be strong enough to deal with this but would come and see what she could pick up. I had to get Fiona back to the house.

Fiona was very trepidatious to set foot back over the threshold of my front door. She literally stood there trembling, we had to drag her in. Now Sue (the spiritualist) had not been told all details of what happened, or about the other little incidents of sciatica feelings, hearing aid, breathing probs, urine smell round the loo etc etc and only that somehting had happened the previous night which resulted in Fiona feeling the way she was. We were asked to stop downstairs whilst Sue walked around to 'pick up' stuff.

Eventually she called us upstairs and into the room where 'it' had happened the night before. She made us all stand in a spot (the other end of the room to where I was pulled to the wall) in beween the main house wall and a board wall that for some reason had been put in. "you need to take this wall out...open up the space. Now all hold hands around Fiona and recite the Lord's Prayer. We did and I swear I saw somesort of shadow lift off Fiona and float away. Instantly colour returned to her face. Sue walked round and said the name "John Gregory....that was the name. He died on the land the house was built on. He was either hung or hung himself, had a broken neck." Well you can imagine the gasp that came from me and Fiona.

Then she said, "however that is not the only spirit. Did an old man die in this house?" I didn't know. I bought the house off an old lady who was going into a home, it was possible that he had died here. "Whoever he was had breathing problems, back problems and also had a hearing aid." She walked to the second bedroom. "I feel he died in here." Everyone who had been in the house had experienced something around that room. I mentioned to Sue about the pee on the floor around the loo. She said she bet it was him. (I don't know if I had mentioned, but I had scrubbed the floor and even stood with a hairdryer to dry the floorboards, then came back the next day and the floor was damp again. At one point I thought my loo was leaking!)

Anyway Sue suggested I put fresh flowers around the place and if ever I felt the hairs on the back of my neck go up again, just to utter the lords prayer.

The following day, just to take no chances. I filled a tray with rice, salt, flowers, incense and a candle and did reiki in every corner of my house. I put the full tray into the coal shed and left it there as this was directly underneath the bit of wall I was pulled to. Over the years things were thrown into the shed and it became a bit of a dumping ground for stuff. It was many years later when I decided to renovate the house and knock through the coal shed and make the outside loo an inside downstairs loo and the coal shed would be part of the kitchen. So, of course, the coal shed was to be cleared out. There was no sign of that tray or anything off that tray...it had completely disappeared.

Anyway back to the time in hand. It was a week later when I finally moved in for good and I must admit was really scared about having to spend the first night alone, so got a friend to stay (not Fiona I may add...who wouldn't!) Nothing happened, although I did lie awake for most of the night waiting and listening to every little strange sound.

Nothing happened, apart from I still had the feeling of the old man in the house and pee in the bathroom. So one morning I just stood there and said out loud "Hello whoever you are. I know you used to live here, but your wife doesn't anymore. You are welcome to stay, but please stop missing the toilet and peeing on the floor. Mrs Troutbeck has moved to a home in Earlsdon, I'm sure she will be pleased to see you there."
From that day on, I never sensed him there again, and no more wet patches on the floor. (oh and Mr Troutbeck died in the house having lung cancer. He also had a hearing aid and back problems according to my next door neighbour)

Also on Sue's recommendation (as she said I had the spirit of one looking after me) I got a cat. I thought that he would be able to pick up any unusual energy in th house. Quite often he would stare and make noises at something near the ceiling, but not scarily, just like he had seen something and was saying hello.

I have to say I have now been in my house since 1997 and I love it. I have not experienced anything malicious again, and many people say how welcoming and cozy it is. Funnily enough last year when i was off after breaking my ankle a friend of mine came to visit. This was an old school friend who I hadnt seen in years and we'd caught up again on facebook. Aa few days after she had been here she rang me and asked if I had ever had a 'ghost' and if she could mention to me what she had picked up when she went to the loo. She said she knew that there had been a hanging or someone hung here, he has gone, but the memory of it is still here. She was extremely reluctant to say anything in case it upset me. I was more shocked than anything that she had picked that up from all that time ago.

So folks thats my story! I'm sure there are bits I have forgotten as time has gone on, but as true as I am writing this, this is what I experienced. Thank you for reading.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Wow that is some spooky story Lisa :)
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Wow, I have to read through this topic when I have some time to myself, can't wait! I have lived in a haunted house so I have experienced ghosts - I don't know exactly WHAT "ghosts" are, but there was a LOT going on in that house that just wasn't right :)
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Wow - Lisak - Do do do do, do do do do......dadaddddddddd!!!!!!

Incredible story. Truly incredible.....hopefully you telling Mr. Troutbeck 'where' his wife was gave him peace......(on the other hand maybe SHE wanted it that way!!! :P )
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Yes you left out the 2nd bedroom bit as well as other bits when you told me the shortened version of this story. IF I'd have known all that I would of top and tailed with you rather than slept in the 2nd bedroom on my own! No wonder the poor cat hides in the under stairs cupboard! :) :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ghosts-

Post by Jayway »

WOW - Lisak that is a REALLY scary story. You didnt say if you are still friends with Fiona and if she is quite back to her old self ? I am happy for you that you are living in peace - PHEW ! !
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Ah but Jojo you didn't feel anything in my house did you? (or did you and you just aint saying??...and you had that funny cross thing on your leg BEFORE you stopped at mine)

Funnily enough I sort of lost contact with Fiona a few years later, but we have recently been in touch since both joining Facebook.

Thank you all for reading it and not poo-pooing the fact that it happened. Its the sort of thing you can't tell everyone incase they start rolling their eyes or thing you are some sort of loon. (I'm sure Jojo will add somehting to me saying that!! :lol:)
BillH

Post by BillH »

Unfinished business is usually the way for these spirits. or an inability to realise they have died. Time is a complex subject and is not linear as we perceive it.
Obviously you and your friend must have been on a similar plane as the deceased, as I guess the old folk who had lived there did not have the same trouble as you did when they were alive.
Somehow though it seems they could not leave the house and go back to the light. I wonder what held the two of them there ?

These spirits can tap into the energy of some people and make themselves stronger on the physical plane. Some people who are living can do that as well.

My incident in the room, was due to the location of the building, it was not on public land anymore and the building stood in the exact location where once there was a crossroads, and the Gallows were erected there. I saw an old map in the pub, The road from the pub used to lead to that place.

God's power is far greater than we know, so is our own power, which results in pretty much the same thing, as we can channel this power in a positive way.
Christian type prayer works, because it is the INTENT that is important.

The problem is, we are not taught how to deal with such things, because we are told they don't exist.. Yeah, right.. 8)

Great story Lisa, thanks for sharing that.. :)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Lisak wrote:Ah but Jojo you didn't feel anything in my house did you? (or did you and you just aint saying??...and you had that funny cross thing on your leg BEFORE you stopped at mine)
No I didn't Lisa but then I had the mark of protection on me :) :lol: I'd totally forgot about the cross in a circle etched on the back of my leg, it took months to fade! That really was weird wasn't it? What made it stranger was the awful dream I had the night before my brandishing........we did take photo's of it but they didn't come out very well, i'll have a look at them again to see if there is an 1/2 decent one...............
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Lisa I really enjoyed reading about your ghostly experience, scary stuff!
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

It's funny Billy....but I HAD to have this house. I viewed it and HAD to have it....but whatever could go worng, did go wrong with me trying to get it, and what should have been a straightforward process, with me being a first-time buyer, and the lady I was buying of was going into a home, turned into a long drawn out process taking 5 months. In effect I should have backed out, but didn't want to.

I hindsight, I could only think that 'something' didn't want me to buy this property, maybe they knew I would sense them and move them on.

I agree with the intent thing too Billy...the lost soul needed to be moved on. You should write about your experience in more depth Billy, I would be interested to read it!
BillH

Post by BillH »

I never imagined living where I do now. Quite literally the place dropped into my lap and from thinking about buying a house one day to buying this one took less than a month.
I suddenly realised I had the means to raise the deposit, and at the time it was a buyers market, so completed in about 3 weeks !
No experinces here, the house is early 70's, only one elderly couple ever owned the place and they both died here quite happy.

All events in your life happen for a reason, you would not have got that house if you were not meant to have it. that's for certain..

Explicit detail in some of my experinces is not possible, let's just say it pushes the bounds of credulity, and many human preconceptions would make the stories less beliveable.
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

That was amazing Lisak, it brought on the old goosebumps.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Just bringing this back to the top again with a spooky little tale from Jay.

Here it is: :worry:

Well, it was about sevenish,a dry cold night in Somerset and I was
driving home over the moors from a friends house. There was no
traffic so I tried my favourite game, take-off over the humpback
bridge and dont land in the ditch. Successful again, I happily
hurtled towards the crossroads,the moon was up and I could see I had a
perfect empty road - - as I drew level with the crossroads a man
walked straight in front of my car, a farmworker going home, wearing a
long coat and not even looking at the car . I ducked from instinct,
slammed the brakes on and slid down the road. Sat for a few seconds in
shock -christ, I`ve killed someone- got out and ran back to see what I
had done with my stupidity. I could see my skid marks but no sign of
the man. Oh no, I was going so fast I must have knocked him in to
ditch.I Looking frantically along the ditches I could see nothing
disturbed, the grasses were upright, the water was still, where was he
? I stopped, stood still, listened,nothing. Suddenly, I was cold, my
hair seemed to prickle and I was afraid. But of what? Then a thought
came, if you hit someone why didn`t you hear the crash and crunch ? I
ran back to the car, it was unmarked, no broken lights, no bonnet
dented. Now I was angry, this wasn´t right. So, into the car again and
drove a couple of miles to my local where my husband would be. I
walked in and everyone turned and stared, (normal for my village)
someone said "whats up with you, you are as white as a sheet ?" Told
them all what had happened. There was silence for a moment and a
voice came from the corner - "you saw the ghost of old Franks
farmworker, he was killed on the crossroads years ago by a speeding
car" I have to say , I felt an enormous relief that there was an
explanation and others too, had seen the farmworkers ghost.

That is my ghost story.Image
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Something I curious about and wanting opinions on and I'll ask my question related to this story of Farmworker Frank.

Do you think it is Farmworker Frank Ghost who wants or needs to be seen? known? recognized? acknowledged? OR do you think it is something you (in this case Jay) are able to see?

Often spiritual things seem to happen more often to some people than others (as in BillH) soooooooo is this cause (for example) BillH is more attuned to the other world? OR is that the spiritual world feels it will be more accepted presenting itself to him?

Why do some people have more experiences than others? Is it simply a question of believing or not?
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ummmmm

Post by Jayway »

I have seen a few odd things over the years. These events are always a surprise to me, as I never believe in anything until I have seen or touched it. Which explains why I do not have an on line bank account, and I do not feel the need to subscribe to any religions. I have seen many friends experience their "visions" with the assistance of various mind-altering drugs. This as never been an option for me as I am satisfied with my brain as it is. So I am just an observer and interested to find out more - -For me, ghosts exist, supernatural happenings happen - now I wait to see what comes next - - :mb: :bye: Death is gonna be interesting - - :rut: :nod:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I agree Jayway - I'm kinda a 'show me' or 'where is the proof' however when I try and wrap my mind around the supernatural it has left me wondering 'why' only some people experience it while others do not. I also wonder why some supernatural events happen only sporadically to a few, more often to others and never to other people.

Just something I'm curious about and wonder about when I read experiences such as yours. Why did Farmer Frank pick YOU to show himself to OR why were you able to see him while so many others didn't/can't?
Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

Wow I've kept putting off reading all of this thread until I had time but I must say it's all great stuff and I shall now tell you of my experience which I don't tell many people either.
When I was very young and my Grandad was still living he used to come to our house every day for coffee and he always used to bring me a bar of chocolate. One time they had a poster of Africa you could send for and put on stickers of different animals and this poster which I loved, was pinned above my bed for ages.
One night I woke up and this poster was flapping around where the drawing pins must have been taken out. I shared the bedroom with my sister who's bed was beneath the window and I sat up and looked across to her bed, she was fast asleep and the window was closed, curtains closed and were not blowing at all. Looked back at the poster puzzled but then went back to sleep as probably only a child could do, Next morning when I went downstairs my Mum was crying, my Grandad had died during the night. At the time I just casually thought to myself ''it must have been my Grandad come to say bye to me' but didn't mentoin it to my Mum for a few days but I have always remembered it so clearly.
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

It was probably the only way he thought he could connect with you given your age at the time.