Men! I don't understand them!

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Should MK tell "New Squeeze" to butt out of her life?

Yes! He doesn't deserve her!
83%
NO! Don't waste a chance for something beautiful.
17%

Total votes: 6

Miriamkhalifa

Men! I don't understand them!

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Rant rant! :x This is a story continued from l4u. Need to get it out to avoid blowing fuses . :mrgreen:

My "New squeeze" needed space and was not sure about the relationship, due to the distance - between other things. So we agreed to take it easy for a while (feel he wanted to end it but I talked him into wait-and-see)

Yesterday I felt very much better, felt that I could cope, had stopped crying and kept myself busy.

But in the evening he started to send me sms messages- about random things as chandeliers and soccer matces. I answered them, tried to be friendly but short.

And 01.30 he calls me, talks for one hour about everyday matters before going to bed. He seems totally casual, like he is talking to a cousin or something. Made me really miss him again and cried myself to sleep after hanging up. :|

Sorry for being pathetic! But what does this mean? That he just wants a buddy? Or that he wants to "keep me there" until he makes up his mind?

And here I was, thought a relationship with a Norwegian would be SO much better and easier than with an Egyptian :mrgreen:

"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"

redsaffy

Post by redsaffy »

sounds like he is confused himself!!

If you where just a friend he wouldn't call you at 1 30am! Sounds like you need to ask him out right what is going on as it really is not fair to you :)

I hope you are feeling better today better to rant than to bottle it up so rant away xxxx

PRchick

Post by PRchick »

After just come off one long term relationship, my advice would be to wait awhile before jumping into another one so soon.
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain

Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Very true PR. I didn't intend to and didn't ask him to come into my life and sweep me off my feet ;)

These things are not always easy to control ;)
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

I didn't pick either yes or no because I couldn't decide! Needed a 'confused' option too!

I think you have to decide where YOU want this relationship to go - and then ask him what he wants (or maybe the other way round??)

:?

Play it by ear and enjoy it might just be an even better option for a while!

Karenh

Post by Karenh »

I would say take it very very slowly as having been caught by this and then spent years regretting being swept off my feet and becoming involved so soon after my 1st husband dumped me for a french model! I have moved on since then
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)

Kronkite

Post by Kronkite »

Tell him he has a week to make up his mind or you will move on,sometimes an ultimatum is the only answer , if yours is a fledgling romance then nothing ventured nothing gained in my opinion,make or break. i voted yes cos i don't think he does deserve you MK

Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Thanks for that, I think I already moved on, if he changes his mind he will have to try again at the next crossroad, me for one will STOP TRYING right now.

Kronkite

Post by Kronkite »

Miriamkhalifa wrote:Thanks for that, I think I already moved on, if he changes his mind he will have to try again at the next crossroad, me for one will STOP TRYING right now.
Good for you ! take some ME time and enjoy being single :)

Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Oh Mk, who bloody knows when it comes to men?

I met someone a few weeks ago, he has sent me e-mails and text messages and has made all the right noises, saying the right things etc etc. We agree to go out on a date. He is sent home from work sick and cancells. Keeps texting me telling me he will make it up to me blah blah blah, then all of a sudden, it all goes quiet. I ask whats going on and he replies he sorry but really busy with work etc and then says, "Lets leave it there shall we?"
Blokes, will never understand them.......hence why I really don't bother usually, I'm quite happy doing my own thing without someone coming along messing up my life and feelings. There, my rant over!!!!

Mk, forget about him and move on honey, he doesn't sound worthy of you.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Well Lisak that could be anything from: he is married, his old girlfriend came back, he met someone else, he lost his job and doesn't want to tell you, etc. Too bad he can't be man enough to tell you.
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain

Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Lisak wrote:Oh Mk, who bloody knows when it comes to men?

I met someone a few weeks ago, he has sent me e-mails and text messages and has made all the right noises, saying the right things etc etc. We agree to go out on a date. He is sent home from work sick and cancells. Keeps texting me telling me he will make it up to me blah blah blah, then all of a sudden, it all goes quiet. I ask whats going on and he replies he sorry but really busy with work etc and then says, "Lets leave it there shall we?"
Blokes, will never understand them.......hence why I really don't bother usually, I'm quite happy doing my own thing without someone coming along messing up my life and feelings. There, my rant over!!!!

Mk, forget about him and move on honey, he doesn't sound worthy of you.

:x :x :x :x :x :x have a lot of ups and downs :(

Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Not sure a time limit is a good idea...tends to send 'em running for the hills...but certainly ask him just what he thinks he wants, so you know whether to wait or do your own thing. Good luck, Mirry! I can so understand you being swept away after coming out of your Egyptian marriage, but take it slowly. ;)
Carpe diem! :le:

Matt.sicon

Post by Matt.sicon »

sorry I know I shouldn't be here :oops:

but the title did catch my attention.. so I had to contribute to this lively debate.. I have few words for you Mariam..
ready? here they come:
Watch "He Is Just Not That Into You" the title might be misleading..
it's a good movie..

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Men! I don't understand them!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just cause we're in December and nearing the end of the year I always figure it is ok to insert a bit of nostalgia so here it is: Remember when E4U and L4U used to be full of the above type posts? :roll: :roll: :roll: (vs the content of today)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ah yes those were the days, it all seemed to go downhill from there on, too narrow a focus with too few people dominating the forums, once the aggravation sets in, then that is the start of the rot. If I remember correctly it all started when the Luxor expats started posting fairly derogatory remarks about ordinary tourists, often referring to them as BT’s (Bloody Tourists) and others hoping they would go elsewhere for their holidays and leave the place to them and finally the cheap jibes about how little they contributed to the local economy etc. bet most of them have changed their opinions now. :urm:

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I quite remember the "holier than thou" attitude cause WE live in Luxor and YOU DON'T comments with the obvious implied 'therefore you know nothing about anything and we know it all.'

I then vividly remember the start of the Arab spring and the warnings from many of us saying this seems like the start of the end, take pre-cautions etc. and we were all heartily shouted down with jeers, sighs of exasperation and eye-rolls that we knew nothing..........WELL - guess who can have the last laugh now as MOST Expats have silently slunk, tail between their legs, off into the night never to be heard from again.

Guess all of us Bloody Tourists who seem to cause them enormous problems and difficulties really DID KNOW what we were cautioning about. Too bad most ignored all we had to say...........YUP those WERE the DAYS.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I lived in Luxor during the Arab Spring. It wasn't nice, and certainly wasn't the idyllic picture painted by so many who live there. I knew I wouldn't be living there forever though so my thoughts stayed pretty much in my head rather than on a forum :lol:

I slunk back to the UK a year and a bit ago, to resume working and brought Omar with me. At 44 I was younger than most of the ex pats and not ready to get up and do nothing and repeat for 20 years. I grew restless. We both work hard in the kennels, and have fun working together, even if we are in danger of falling asleep at the 6pm news :lol:
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

What stood out to me, reading through those posts, was PRchick. Do I remember correctly that Mary (I think that was her name) is no longer with us??? If I remember that wrongly I apologise but looking back at very old threads I am reminded who has passed while an active member of the forums since I joined in 2006.
:gg:

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nice to get a truthful version off the likes of Robbo even though the majority of them were as you say giving us all a "we know best" attitude, but I used to put it down to bluster and an inability to return to UK or anywhere else, probably for financial reasons or all their eggs were in one basket. It was obvious to many of us that they were living in a news vacuum and not fully aware of what was happening all around them.

@ Grandad, yes you are correct that PR Chick (Mary) did die suddenly, she was if you remember an avid supporter of Obama and I often think her political views would have taken a battering in later years as she held him in higher regard than most Americans seem to do. Other names have just faded away, which is rather sad.