Pulled meats

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Pulled meats

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've noticed here both with my daughter who is an avid cook and always making or baking something (didn't inherit that from me) and in the local coffee shop lunch style restaurants that they're offering "pulled" meats in their sandwiches.

Pulled pork is really common and yesterday when I went to a little café I sometimes go to the feature of the day was "pulled" chicken. Didn't have it as I opted for a 'wild salmon' sandwich but I was noticing the next two groups (one group of 3 women and a couple) ALL ordered it.

I believe the pulled comes from a slow cooking approach with the meat then flavored with various sauces and it just super simple pulls apart. Looks a bit sinewy but it is very tender. I know the daughter's pulled pork has a BBQ type flavor.

Is this type of cooked meat popular there? Anybody have any easy recipes? I realize I could ask my daughter but her recipe takes prep time and lots of spices etc I don't have - I'm talking easy peasy ;) Simple yet delicious ;)

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Pulled meats

Post by Jayway »

I THINK .. meat in pan, with water, salt pepper and cover tightly with tinfoil. Oven , half hour on high then turn to low and leave for 3 hours. That will be fall -to -bits meat, put your own flavouring. How strange people are. always the latest fads. Pigs are inedible, too many chemicals in growth stage, lamb, not in spring, too many flukes and beef, well you never know if it was a downer cow . . . enjoy. Oh I forgot chicken, thats lived on chemicals all its life, egg to oven ready only takes 30 days . . . miracle !