Cravings - Delicious food cravings :)

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Cravings - Delicious food cravings :)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't often get cravings but lately I've been on a sushi crave. Sushi to me is better than sex! It is delicious and my favourite is what is known as "BC Roll."

A BC Roll is fried salmon skin with cucumber wrapped in sushi rice and wrapped in seaweed topped with a thick layer of bright orange eggs.

There is nothing in this world more delicious to pop into your mouth than a warm BC roll topped with lovely orange eggs dipped in wasabi chunks dissolved in soya sauce with a thick slab of ginger on top. Love the feel of the eggs popping and snapping as I chew against the crunch of the salmon skin mixed with the flavours of the green wasabi and ginger. AND lately I've been craving and craving this to the point I'm now totally proficient with chop sticks and envision visions of Sushi rolls dancing in my head!

My next favourite roll is thick chunks of avocado wrapped in white ginger surrounded by rice and wrapped with nori aka seaweed. Dip this roll into wasabi + soya sauce and the taste is to die for.

Not sure 'why' I've been craving this lately but I have and just can't seem to get enough. Can I stop at 1 rolls? (8 pieces?) Hardly! ;) but have been forcing me to stop.

What do you crave? AND do you give into the craving or do you stand firm and shove the plate away?

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Cravings - Delicious food cravings :)

Post by Jayway »

OH MY GOD .. WAS THAT A JOKE POST ??? I can think of very little else that I would not put into my mouth, I have only read half and have a large lump in my throat . . yuk yuk yuk Are you pregnant, LLL ? ? ?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jayway wrote:OH MY GOD .. Are you pregnant, LLL ? ? ?
My thoughts entirely Jay :lol: :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nooooo - I'm not at all preggers - BUT I am suffering serious sushi cravings AND if I don't go back down to Dami Sushi Restaurant I'm going to go into serious withdrawal.

Honest the sushi IS delicious. It is the absolute perfect combination or warm but not hot, flavour packed baked salmon chunks with crispy skin mixed with slices of delicious English cucumber wrapped in sushi rice sweetened with a bit of sugar all wrapped in chewy seaweed aka NORI. Dipping each slice into soya with dissolved wasabi and topped with crunchy fish eggs and pickled ginger is TO DIE FOR ;) :eat :eat :eat

Again to repeat the word "honest" this IS the most luscious delicious morsel you can ever hope to taste. A true slice of heaven.

And - just to clarify - Sashimi is RAW fish (not that I don't mind sashimi rolls either) but sushi is NOT raw fish. The maki rolls made with tuna are second favourite followed closely by crab and shrimp sushi rolls :) :) :)

What is the phrase - "try it, you'll LIKE it!"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Now youv'e mentioned TUNA :sk I'm out of here!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think they call the tuna rolls "maki" but I don't find they have that much flavor.

I don't mind tuna but mostly I only eat it as: - tuna chunks packed in water from a tin - Drained - mixed with green onions (lots) and mayonnaise between 2 slices of fresh bread with LOTS of lettuce ;) :) :)

SALMON is the fishy way to go! :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Strangely enough as a kid I loved tinned Tuna :eat
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

One of the staples of Uni Students is Macaroni and cheese and for 'extra' protein a tin of tuna is thrown in ...... THAT is a concoction that makes me :sk :sk

Have you ever watched a show on TV called "Wicked Tuna" (I think that is the name) where guys are out there independently catching tuna? Ever see the prices that tuna sells for!?!?!?! WOW! No wonder we're paying $1 for a teeny tiny tin of it.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Mac and cheese with tuna is DELICIOUS. So sorry that the rest of your posts near enough made me vomit ! Does your sushi place sell bits of the local dogs and cats too? These asians seem to like the flavour . . . .
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hmmm - not too sure about the dogs and cats but there definitely are very few strays around here. Maybe I'd better go into the kitchen and have a look see. Hard to say what they're boiling up in the big pots back there ;)

We have mega Asian people living here so there is a strong Asian influence in lots of the food. Personally I find most of it super delicious. This particular restaurant is relatively new and the people have just located here from Japan. They definitely have the knack of turning out sushi to die for :) AND they make it at a huge glass front counter so you can actually watch them making it. They also have chunks of octopus, squid, mackerel, tuna, crab, shrimp, eel on plates on ice and you can indicate to them any of these plates and they'll turn it into sushi and top it off with fish eggs :eat :eat :eat

I sometimes make sushi and it is remarkably easy to make. You do need to get a few specific ingredients but turning out a roll of sushi is easy peasy.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Thats it, lumps back,, bye bye forever on this post . . . .
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Jayway - you'd LOVE my sushi! ;) ;) ;) ;)