Egyptian Movies?

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

cbrbddd

Egyptian Movies?

Post by cbrbddd »

Anyone have some recommendations? Current or not so current . . .

Singing and Dancing is good :) . . . but a good story is always appreciated!

I have some that are subtitled and was able to order from a source in the States . . . mostly older movies.

Are there any good Egyptian movies out there???

CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

What kind of movie do you like? Serious or slapstick? Old or new.

Have you seen the Yacoubian Building? ;)
cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Well, I do like serious movies . . . but so far the "serious" Egyptian stuff seems to be soooooooooo melodramatic . . . like one lives life on the level of a soap opera (as we call them here).

I have gotten some of the older serious Egyptian movies so maybe I have that covered for now. Oh, I haven't picked up the Yacoubian Building yet but I did read the book. I will add that to my list of movies for consideration.

Back to "singing and dancing", lol, I guess these are probably the slapstick kind, hehe. I have one with Dina and Saad without subtitles! I had that on the other day while cleaning up . . . the minute I hear some music I usually go back to watch it. I even have El Limby to watch . . . haven't put those in the DVD player yet.

Maybe I already have all I need :lol::lol::lol::lol:
CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!
Glyphdoctor

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Have you seen al-Gharam fi Karnak?
cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Have you seen al-Gharam fi Karnak?
Yes, I have :) . . . and I have met and taken dance lessons from both Mahmoud Reda and Farida Fahmy (the 2 stars). Last time I was in Cairo I went to Mahmoud's studio in the downtown area and he has photos of his travels around Egypt to study dance in its native environment. They are 2 very generous and giving people and I admire them both very much.

Of course, the movie was lots of fun and I watch it now for glimpses of Luxor and Karnak . . . well, what I can't see in the film, I supply from my own memories :D
CATHERINE