Star Wars

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Star Wars

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Has anybody gone to see this latest sequel/prequel/version of Star Wars? Was it good?

I quite liked Star Wars when it first came out. Must admit I got lost over the years with the sequels, prequels but seems this latest newest version is bringing all the other versions together AND breaking box office records.

I was tempted to go but "ACHOO" I've not gone yet 'til I stop blowing my nose and hacking and coughing.

Has anybody seen it? Anybody here a closet Trekkie? ;) (Can't imagine ME ever going to a convention dressed up as a Star Wars character but apparently these are pretty fashionable)
Recommend the show? Is it all that is it supposed to be?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Star Wars

Post by Horus »

I may watch it if it comes on TV or I get given the DVD, but otherwise not really that interested.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I didn't realize but my dtr was telling me today that her husband, my son in law bought the collection (something like 6 DVDs) a month or so ago. She then also said he went with his brother and nephew on Boxing Day to the local theater to watch the new Star Wars. She said he said (OMG the dread he said/she said) that it was a pretty good show.

The Twins have announced and even issued invites to all us Grandparents that January 1st is going to official be "Star Wars Day" and we're all invited to come and play Star Wars with them. Those 2 have great imaginations and phenomenal memories. I think they have the entire Star Wars saga characters names memorized. I only remember the ones from the first one or two shows - Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, C3PO, R2D2, Princess Leia, Chewbacca but I can't remember the name of many of the other later characters. There was a big Slug guy who featured but his name is long lost to me.

I must say I really did like both the Robots - C3PO and R2D2 when the show first came out. I thought they were real cute and was the first time for me that human characteristics were really assigned to a non-human entity.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

"May the force be with you" LLL :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yes - the FORCE IS with me!!

My coworker used to have phone programmed to play the Darth Vader music every time his wife called him. :tk Wonder if she knew?

I do remember some of the Star Wars music associated with the different Star Wars characters. I do like the music that introduces Darth. Was a very good association.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes that sound of impending doom would be very appropriate :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Coworker always played it up and made a big deal of it too. He was quite a character. Nice guy but quite a character with stuff like that.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Star Wars .. umm, cant say I have seen all of them as they drove me to sleep, which was annoying after I paid for the cinema ticket. Those light sabres seemed ridiculous, a nice gun would have been more impressive. As for Darth Vader, too much like me in the winter . . .
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The twins are totally enamored with all things Star Wars. I heard non-stop about 'light sabers' for 2 - 3 months prior to Christmas as they were desperate to get them and then "Make their moves."

Accordingly for Christmas they got light sabres which you can flick out and then adopt all sorts of positions and moves and poke your brother and sister in the process. They got a set of Star Wars figurines and I don't think they've been out of their hands since.

For some reason they got it into their heads that "New Year's Day" was not going to happen and they were changing it to "Star Wars Day." I got a phone call and personal invite to come all day and stay for supper too on January 1st (prior to their Mum and Dad knowing).

To keep with the fun Dad brought home a huge cardboard box and it got labelled Star Wars aka Spaceship.

The boys became Jedi warriors and struck the poses whilst jumping OFF the coffee table (and NO Grandma didn't object ;) but as their Mom pointed out she would not be here today if SHE had of jumped off of OUR coffee table when she was a kid)

And to make Star Wars Day real authentic we even had Darth Vader appear:

Who in reality is their little Sister. She is both a super sweet little girl and a tough little girl. She loves to wear as frilly a dress as one can find and loves to wear jewelry and nail polish and everything "Momma" wears but she also must be front and center with her two brothers too and if that means being Darth Vader she will be Darth Vader!

Was a fun day and the boys had a blast. They got 3 CDs for Christmas with Lego characters as Star Wars guys.

I'm waiting for this latest Star Wars movie to come on Netflix or on TV however it is supposed to be a good one.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

They are really enjoying themselves and I bet you are as bad :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe! wish I was there to join in with the kids ;) :)