A question of Anatomy.

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

A question of Anatomy.

Post by Jayway »

Yes, I have been watching the UK TV again, the few channels that remain on my freesat box. Now, I see the adverts for Lamb for Easter, families carving legs of lamb. These slices are large, completely gristle and muscle separation free. I worked in a butcher shop years ago ( mainly because I had three German Shepherds) and have never seen meat like this. Has the anatomy of sheep changed over the years ? do they have no bones now ? how do they walk ? Also must mention chicken products, like from Birdseye. How come the grain of the meat inside the "crunchy spicy coating" is not from any part of dead chicken I have cut up ? Do the factories have magic meat weaving machines now, as I wonder when I look at the ingredients list ?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: A question of Anatomy.

Post by Horus »

A lot of Chicken nowadays is 'reformed' Jay, which means it is all mulched up and then shaped into something that looks like a piece of chicken. :sd
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

THANKYOU HORUS, I would be interested to see how they get the grain going in the same direction, Did anyone see the deformed lamb leg adverts yet ?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No deformed lamb leg ads here. Lamb is really not a main part of the diet here however I sometimes question chicken and turkey. Some of it seems to be not really solid meat. It isn't fat and it isn't meat it is just sort of meat like stuff ..... won't/don't eat it.