HELP - Problem with Picasa 3

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

HELP - Problem with Picasa 3

Post by Grandad »

Over recent days I can open Picasa after I have switched on my computer in the morning but if I exit the program I cannot start again from the desktop shortcut (or any other route)

If I restart my computer I get the same result, I can open Picasa once but not again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice, and allowed and disallowed Picasa Photo Viewer but the result is the same.

I believe there was a recent update to Picasa (automatic) and the problem seems to have started since that update.

Any suggestions as to the possible cause would be appreciated. Many thanks :up

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: HELP - Problem with Picasa 3

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Oh - I use Picassa all the time - I'll give it a try and then report back. I do remember the program doing an update a few weeks ago but I haven't noticed any other problems but I don't recall if I've gone in and out of the program same day. Curious if it won't start.

Will give it a try and report back.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Before anyone suggests it, I have tried a 'system restore' back 7 days. After that when i tried to open Picasa I got a message "The application encountered errors starting up. We are sorry for the inconvenience but you need to reinstall to fix this"

Did that with the same result, it will open once but not again after being closed.

Never had a problem with Picasa in the past and have been using it for years.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've gone in and out Picassa now several times with no problems. I DO use it often and have never had a problem and really have no suggestions of a technical nature that would help. Anytime something doesn't work with me about all I do is re-boot or re-start the computer, keep my fingers crossed and hope it fixes.

Did your computer have any patches that came through lately? I've sometimes heard that if a patch doesn't install correctly it will affect other applications (but having heard this this is about all I know on this topic).

Picasso is pretty useful so am hoping you get it all sorted soon.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Other things that I have done to try to eliminate anything that might be interfering with Picasa:
Emptied downloader folder
Emptied temp folder
Emptied recycle bin
Cleaned the registry
Virus scan

Still can't open after opening and closing once :xx
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Sorry cant help you here Grandad, Picasso is 1 program I just couldn't get used to so deleted from my computer ages ago.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I should say that I've now got Picassa 3. Am not sure if there is a more up to date version.

I don't think I've ever had a program do that - open and then time out or lock or ? so as to not re-open. I guess I'd be trying to not close it and keep it minimized but typically I close if I'm not using vs minimize and keep the program open. You got a head scratcher there Grandad.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I think I have resolved the problem. :o

I remembered that in the past I had some conflict problems with another program and the removal of Quick Time for Windows solved it. Just recently I HAD to install QTFW when installing some other program. I have now uninstalled QTFW and all seems well.

Quick Time is an Apple program so I deduce that Apple doesn't like Windows or Google :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

hmmm - interesting. guess you were just trying to mix apples and oranges grandad ;)