DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME

Post by Kiya »

Horus I'm hoping you can help me as I know you have also a DPF.......yesterday & today I've tried to copy/move uptodate photos to my DPF but a message keeps showing " The disk is write-protected........Remove the write- protection or use another disk........I'v have checked & it still shows the same message.
I have checked the properties of the SD Card from DPF & there is plenty space for adding photos.

I cant figure out what the problem is while this is such an easy task to do in the past.

Any suggestions for me Horus ???????

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hi Kiya, just have a look at the side of the memory card and you should see a little tab, the tab will slide into another position, do that and it should then be OK to change /delete photos. :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes thats what I did when I said above I checked it but its still showing the message..............its so strange when this is such a simple thing to do .
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mmm, very strange :? usually with that message it is just the slide lock in the wrong position. Have you tried moving it up and down a few times, then try reading it again with the lock in each position?
Alternatively can you try the card in another reader? I assume you have it plugged into your PC card reader?
Something else you could try is that sometimes the contacts can get dirty, especially if they have been in the same photoframe for a while. Take out the card and place it on a flat surface, use an ink rubber and gently rub it across the terminals on the back of the card, then blow away any bits before re-inserting the card and trying it again. Do not use anything abrasive to clean the terminals, just the ink rubber. :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Mmmmm tried everything you suggest Horus to no avail, I'm just wondering if I would format the card & start afresh if that would work ???
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That is the problem Kiya :( if the message is saying "the disk is write protected" then it will not let you do anything with it (or at least it shouldn't)
Have you tried reading it in another Laptop or PC?
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Tried everything & it still shows the same message........very strange :( think a new sd card will be on order.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I would try another one from somewhere else first if you have one, just to test the photoframe is working OK. Do you have a spare USB memory stick? a lot of these photo frames will also take those as well, but it does sound like the card has gone duff on you. :(
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME

Post by Kiya »

Horus I have tried everything you suggested, the DPF is working perfectly with the problem card, it is only when I try to copy/move new photos to card that there is a problem, like you say the card has gone duff on me.......only when I try to move new photos to it :xx