My Own BREXIT and BREMAIN!

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

My Own BREXIT and BREMAIN!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So I'm just seeing Headlines in the local newspaper that we have a new Political Party forming here who wants us to become the 11th Province and leave the rest of British Columbia behind. First I've heard about this however it seems to have been brewing for a while as they're getting fairly well organized and today are flying the Vancouver Island Flag (never knew we had one of those either) at the Parliament Buildings. They're calling for a Referendum at the next election (2021) and a vote......OMG to BREXIT or BREMAIN OR in this case to VIEXIT or VIREMAIN........

This is a cut and paste:

Vancouver Island Party lays out its declaration of independence from BC - Victoria News

What the province of Vancouver Island would want from Canada as the terms for it joining confederation is spelled out in the party’s statement of guiding principles:

• A bridge connecting the Island to the mainland

• 12 MPs and 10 senators

• free or reduced-rate ferries

• payment of the Island’s share of the B.C. debt

• seawall and dike infrastructure to protect against climate change

• a commitment to maintaining the existing military bases

• New light-rail systems for greater Victoria, the Nanaimo area, and the Comox Valley, plus reinvestment in the E&N, including an up-Island extension

• A highway connecting the Alberni/Bamfield area to the south Island via Cowichan Lake

• A Port Alberni shipping hub

http://www.vicnews.com/news/383843591.html

Spontaneously I have no idea which would be best for us. By and large all the 'action' in Canada happens back east and us here out west are largely forgotten.

I'm not sure we'd have the ability to maintain ourselves as we really don't have a large population base.......Will definitely have to look into this some more.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: My Own BREXIT and BREMAIN!

Post by Horus »

Good luck with that :up