RIP Prince

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

RIP Prince

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just turned the TV on and there is 'Breaking News' that the American singer PRINCE has passed away at his home at age 57 (or maybe 58). I liked some of his music and some I didn't but Prince has been around since forever. No mention of cause of death. Really sad. R.I.P. Prince.

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: RIP Prince

Post by Kiya »

Wow! another young one gone...R.I.P Prince.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Never a big fan although he did write some good stuff for other artists, still very sad though, RIP Prince
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Why is it that talent has invariably to be fueled by drugs, with the resulting premature demise. Cause of death not yet declared but as they had to land his aircraft early after a recent concert because he was seriously ill due to drugs, I am afraid I do not have much compassion. Another life taken too soon and RIP Prince but lifestyle has a lot to do with it. :tk
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Possibly a bit more to it Grandad, some rumours say he has been keeping an illness secret for some time, but something else that struck me was after he left the plane he was hospitalised with some sort of breathing complaint and then released, symptons that could easily have been DVT had it been missed. Although like you I am always a bit sceptical when the reports of these deaths are announced as most do seem to have a death wish.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It has been on TV here non-stop. I heard from some source that apparently a couple months ago he decided to start writing his memoirs and actually completed about 50 pages or so. That is a bit suspect that he might have had an inkling something was up health-wise that wasn't going to keep him in this world for much longer.

On the other hand if he, like so many other extremely talented musicians, needed perceived help to get through the day it was probably drugs.

Lots of talk going on on the News but I guess we'll get a toxicology report soon so that actual cause of his death will be known.