Where Next after Paris

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Where Next after Paris

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Woke up this morning to seeing breaking news on TV re: Paris terror attack where 12 killed.

Definitely seems this attack was a specific organized coordinated effort by a group.

Makes me think we really have to step up all anti-terrorism efforts on a united coordinated basis.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Where Next after Paris

Post by Horus »

Because they cannot justify their warped religious beliefs they need to subjugate everyone else by any means possible, they cannot justify what they stand for nor can they take any scrutiny of their warped beliefs and religious indoctrination, beliefs that belongs in the dark ages. I will now predict that as in the case of North Korea when they attempted to stiffle criticism of their petulant leader that this will have the same outcome, ergo there will now be more cartoons of their prophet and more disrespect shown towards him as a result of this murderous behaviour and rather than silencing such articles it will flourish like never before.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think you are right. I think this will rather bring out much more attention and criticism than ever before. These attempts to stifle freedom of expression and free speech must be dealt with severely. That these terrorists operate by stealth and secret gives them no legitimate credibility at all.

Definitely horrible for the people of Paris. Am glad to see that world leaders are immediately standing with France and offering their support.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have to say I've often wondered seriously WHY there is so much opposition to freedom of expression and free speech? What is the fear?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The fear is that what they themselves believe will not stand up to the scrutiny of a modern world, that the things they believe are scoffed at by more educated people and that it is exposed as a religion of conquest and subjugation. They fear a light being shown upon their barbaric practices, their abuse of young females and of treating women in particular as second class citizens and chattels to be owned by a man. So on that basis alone it is not hard to see why you would not want it criticised as there is little or nothing in those beliefs that could be justified in a modern world.

I can see this adding nothing but fuel to the current rising trend in Europe against Muslim immigration in general with many people saying that their religion brings nothing but hatred and conflict to those countries, Germany in particular is having major demonstrations against them. These things can very quickly escalate and if coupled with the general anti Islamic feelings throughout many EU countries it could all turn into a backlash very quickly.

The French cartoonists are already starting to post new things, one that I thought was very poignant was a couple of Islamaic terrorists with guns and one has picked up a pen from the devastated office they have just attacked and looking at it quizzically he asks the other “What is this tiny weapon that hurts us so much?” To me that about sums it all up! 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Latest reports seem to suggest that two brothers and a cousin are being tracked by the police near Rheims and that one may already have been arrested, murdering scumbags!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Almost afraid to put on the news these days, whatever are we to hear next :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I would really like to hear some strong words from senior Islamic leaders damning these actions and showing some commitment to joining the fight to squash these terrorist cells.
They are in the best position to expose these people and if Islam is the peaceful tolerant religion that they claim, then let's see some hard evidence.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Don't hold your breath Grandad :stp
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Many senior and influential Imams have the ability to issue Fatwas about anything and everything. I've often wondered why they are not issuing Fatwas against IS/IL & radical Islam.

I know not all Muslims are radical but I do believe the silent majority is going to have to move out of their comfort zone and start talking out and condemning radical Islam. The Muslim leaders need to start being vocal and condemning these acts.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Many senior and influential Imams have the ability to issue Fatwas about anything and everything. I've often wondered why they are not issuing Fatwas against IS/IL & radical Islam.
Self preservation I expect LLL. :( Just tread softly and don't get involved.
Horus wrote:Don't hold your breath Grandad :stp
No I am not H, but with France being such a Nationalist country I can forsee very strong anti Muslin feelings emerging which may well lead to more attrocities in that country. The mass of 'French' people may be united against these acts but small cells of two or three people can still operate unles they are exposed from within. But then we are back to 'keep your head down and don't get involved'.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

'keeping your head down and not getting involved' is not an option as far as I can see, it is this past tollerance towards one specific religion that has sown the seeds of the terrorist activity we have today in many Western countries. Just imagine how such beliefs and customs would be tollerated in most middle Eastern countries if it were the other way around and it were Christians who were involved. They cannot be allowed to enforce their own beliefs and standards upon the rest of us, they cannot be allowed to supress free speech, it seems that any criticism of this religion is met with anger and violence, I truly hope thjat people are not cowed into keeping silent. What magazines like this print or authors like Salman Rushtie write, or films condeming the abuse of muslim women as made by the Dutch film maker are views that we as free people are allowed to express in a free country whether we as individual like it or not. Why should one sector of people control what another sector can say or do? why are their sensibilities more important than someone elses, why for example should a person who is not a muslim be threatened with death for portraying a picture of another religions prophet? are we all allowed to go around making lists of things we say are taboo to us and the rest of the world should obey our demands. So if for example I start a religion and part of that religion includes the dislike of cats, I can then tell the rest of the world that they should not portray a cat or I will be offended and threaten you with death if you do.
A UK magazine Private Eye had a Christmas edition depicting the virgin Mary and other aspects of the nativity on its front page and it was full of satire towards this event, were people storming their offices and killing them? answer= No, because we are a civilised country and value the right of free speech regardless of how offensive we may feel it to be, ridicule is a weapon that has been used for thousands of years to throw light on and to expose evils and wrong doing in many societies, fear of ridicule means you have something to hide. 8)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus, I am not sure if you missed my point, that being that it is MUSLIMS that keep their heads down and don't want to be involved, not the wider community. Just as we demonstrate against and criticise extremists in our midst like NF and EDL, why cannot the 'peaceful' Muslim community stand up against their own extremists and radicals. If they do say anything it always seems soft and low key. :?: .

I was heartened last evening by the gatherings throuout France with people carrying the simple banner 'JE SUIS CHARLIE'. A message of defiance. :up :up

And yet another police death in Paris this morning with the policewoman being shot together with another person.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No I understood your point Grandad, I was just expressing my own personal outrage that one religious sector entrenched within our western culture feels that it can dictate what we may or may not discuss or represent pictorially because it conflicts with their minority views. It is the very fact that this religion describes anyone who does not ‘submit’ (the actual meaning of Islam) to it’s doctrine as a Kafir, that alone shows their contempt for our sensibilities whilst insisting we respect theirs.

(for the definition of that word read this article) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafir

Now I don’t know about you but I strongly object to them using that word to describe me, so can I now protest and burn down mosques and create other outrages against anyone not Christians or Atheists in their beliefs? Or do I do what any sensible person would do and ignore it as just someone else’s opinion? But in answer to your question those holding high office will not come out and openly condemn it because it forms a basis of what they are taught to believe and therefore they are in support of the aims of the terrorists, albeit by default. 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I was extremely pleased to see that instead of printing the usual 60,000 copies of their weekly magazine, Charlie Ebdo have decided to print 1 million copies! what are you betting it is sold out? So it looks like a home goal for religious fanatics as rather than supress the freedom of speech it has actually shone a bright light on those that would deny it to others. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There are quite few News Commentators calling for ALL large newspapers to print ALL cartoons and ALL content that was deemed "offensive" by Muslims. It is making that statement that WE are not going to be cowed by this shooting in Paris.

Will the major world newspapers print the cartoons though?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Short answer is NO they will not do so because basically they have all been cowed into submission by years of pandering to the whims of minorities always crying foul or playing a race card if they do not like what is being done or said. I wish they would publish them if only to put an end to this stupidity of everyone treading on egg shells for fear of causing offence, it may be offensive to a muslim but it means nothing to anyone else not of that persuasion and if the laws of any particular country are not being broken in any way then why should it's citizens be dictated to by another set of religious laws belonging to a faith that they themselves do not subscribe to and expected to obey on pain of death. 8)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Couldnt believe I heard correctly - the French news this morning was talking about hostages, not killing woman and chivalry - WTF ? I turned over to Shaun the Sheep . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree jay how else can you describe these animals other than gutless murdering scumbags, chivalrous certainly does not come into the equasion. Now it seems that there is another hostage situation developing elsewhere, sorry to say that regardless of hostages it is time that they took them out militarily before it gets any further out of hand, we all know how easily led these nutters are and how they are led like sheep when they hear the word martyr. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just waking up here, just sat with my morning cuppa, turned the TV on and, pardon me but WTF? These 2 were taking MORE hostages? OMG :xx

I don't have full details but they went into another crowded area and were taking hostages? Totally scum and honestly if they decided to start saying they were doing this in the name of MY GOD I'd be enraged and protesting in the streets.

I almost think a SHOW by Muslims - a MILLION MUSLIM march or sit in or some sort of PHYSICAL OBVIOUS to the WORLD PROTEST that this is NOT US is needed. I think if the millions of moderate Muslims want to distance themselves they need to show these Scumbag Jihadis that THEY will not be cowed and they need to show the rest of the world they are not part of these barbarians.