Ferguson Missouri Situation

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Ferguson Missouri Situation

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

A week or so ago a black (ok -African American) 18 yr old teenager, 300+ pounds - really big guy robbed a convenience store and roughed up the clerk. He was subsequently ordered to STOP by a WHITE Law Enforcement Officer. Youth approached the squad car, shoved the officer back into the car, scuffled with him trying to take the officers gun. The officer suffered injuries, broken occipital orb (and possibly other injuries not yet disclosed to the Press)

Details are fuzzy however the youth left after roughing up the officer then when the officer yelled at him to "Freeze" he turned to come at the officer again at which time the officer started to shoot at him - 6 bullets 2 of which hit youth in the head. Youth is dead.

The town of Ferguson has erupted into violence with protests against this shooting/killing with the mantra being that the Police had NO RIGHT to shoot an unarmed man!

The issue is complex with some info being held back particularly re: officers injuries, investigation is still on-going

Tomorrow is the funeral for this youth.

What is really really REALLY bothering me is that President Obama is sending THREE White House representatives to this funeral on behalf of the youth. Very recently a very high ranking General passed and Pres Obama declined to attend and/or to send any representatives from the White House. Years ago a white police officer stopped a black man who looked to be breaking into a nice house. Turns out the black man owned the house. President Obama conducted a mediation of this matter at the White House!!

Don't even know where to begin on this .......

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Ferguson Missouri Situation

Post by Jayway »

Obama - the sooner he is gone the better - - as for the violent large black youth ... got what he deserved.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Don't they just shoot at the legs any more???
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm not sure law enforcement in the USA ever just shoots at the legs. They shoot to kill with the body mass being the largest target. This Officer was roughed up too, head injuries and the bone around his occipital orb broken HOWEVER as per the black community he shot and killed an unarmed man! Apparently, as per the black community, police officers are too violent with black people ..........

Can't say definitively that police are not rougher with black people but most crimes involved blacks aka African Americans are VIOLENT!

In Ferguson the protests were huge, National Guard was called in and looting was happening all over the place. Dunno how any of the Black Leaders figure that the standard response to the shooting of a black young man equates to stores being looted, smashed, buildings burned etc.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It was a major news item here LLL and we saw the street riots, looting, and the National Guard being used.
We have similar cries from the black communities about the police singling out black youths much more frequently than white youths. But the evidence is that black youths are more frequently involved in crime, pro rata, than white youths.
I think problems your side of the Atlantic are very similar to ours. Three years ago the police in London shot and killed a black man, Mark Duggan, who it was claimed was unarmed. This led to widespread riots in London which spread to Liverpool and Birmingham. There were several nights of serious disturbance with cars and buildings being set alight and a very high incidence of looting.
A common problem it would seem....
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

That sounds like the rallying cry here amongst the Black people that they are specifically being singled out and targeted - BUT - they are involved in much more violent crime(s).

This particular youth had just robbed a convenience store and rough up the clerk. He assaulted (unknown how severe exactly but a broken orbital bone is pretty darn significant) a police officer and really honestly would the black youth have stopped or would he have beaten this officer to death or to a point of total incapacity?

IMO the police action was totally justified. IF a law enforcement officer is attacked then IMO he has the right to stop this - that is what he is there for!!

It is really a sad state. I heard a black lady on the news being interviewed and she was talking about the days of slavery - OMG - that was 170 years ago! Even if you knock off 70 years as an adjustment time that is STILL 100 yrs ago......... Not saying the USA didn't have segregation 'til about 50 yrs ago (I REMEMBER) but IMO the black populations need also to police themselves. Rioting and protesting with all the destruction doesn't help their cause. Way too many single family households where the mom is raising kids on her own with no male presence. Too much drug use, crime, gangs etc. To me some of these changes need to start at home from within their own communities. They can't keep blaming WHITE treatment of them as being the sole cause for ALL their problems........

Sad situation all 'round really.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just got this as a forwarded email and thought it worth sharing on here as it pertains to the Ferguson issue:

I never thought I would hear this from national news caster...Obama, Wright, Jackson and Sharpton (the career racebaiters)

I have a lot of respect for O’Reilly and I'm sure he is putting his career on the line.

What he says is the TRUTH and most of America already knows it, but like the "Emperor with no clothes",

no one will dare speak the truth in public.

This video should go viral. Thanks Bill, someone finally had the BALLS to say it.

http://www.cnsnews.com/video/national/o ... ce-problem
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well, you can't argue wiith that. We could also do with someone here to make such statements but they are all more concerned about their own backsides.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

What else can I say but :br: :br: :br: at last someone who tells it like it is instead of dressing the problem up with any excuse that can be dreamt up. We have another revelation today about a group of men arrested for abusing vulnerable British children in care and every one of (I think 15men) is of Pakistani origin and by default they will all be muslims. So once again we have another example of Muslim men abusing young girls in care homes by subjecting them to abuse and prostitution by explotation of their vulnerable status. It is not the first time this sort of thing has been exposed and always it is the same ethnic grouping who seem to think it is OK to protect their own daughters and keep them pure, but it is alright to exploit the children of another culture, I have yet to see a British politician with the balls to say what I have just said as they are too scared of being deemed a racist. It is the same with the way some groups object to ethnic profiling, if I am looking for a potential suicide bomber boarding a plane then I am going to single out the bearded guy wearing islamic clothing and head gear and not the ginger haired Scotsman wearing a Tam'O Shanter, a kilt and carrying bagpipes. 8)