Teenager Kidnapping & Execution

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Teenager Kidnapping & Execution

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am referencing the kidnapping and execution of 3 Israeli teenagers and Israel's actions in the wake of this. This was a very heinous act.

What I'm querying is Israel's reaction now in that they are now striking back strongly against Hamas. Given the circumstances what are your feelings on Israel's reaction?

Personally, given all the atrocities committed against us in the Western world, and given that we're lately typically really wishy washy and seem tolerant to the Nth degree I'm rather ok with Israel's actions. There is part of me that find it rather refreshing (for lack of a better word) that a course of action is playing out against the bad guys who have committed a heinous act. I'm finding that I'm actually ok with this and can't help but think that sometimes we over think and talk issues to death without doing anything or taking any course of action.

This isn't to say I might not change my mind but right now I find it a positive that Israel is laying some really clear boundaries and expectations. Thoughts?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Teenager Kidnapping & Execution

Post by Horus »

Although I agree with your sentiments this tit for tat has been going on for ever and I doubt it will end soon. The real problem lies with the Arab world refusing to accept the existance of Israel and the fact it is not going away, but in typical Arab fashion it gives them a cause to get behind, just imagine how much better their lives could be if they could just live together side by side.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

And now a young Palestinian youth has been murdered. I think they are all as bad as each other. The Palestinians are murderers, the Israelis are bully boys.... :xx
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Grandad - that is exactly what I thought on hearing that now there is a Palestinian teenager found dead. Crazy crazy crazy all 'round ALL of them! I ardently want everybody to get along and have mulled various theories of who doing what when how will bring about peace but it often seems that nothing is ever going to stop all this back and forth bickering. It has almost become a way of life (the fighting with each other) and seems nobody has a clue how to live calmly and quietly.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well they have certainly lost any moral high ground they may have had :urm:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Now the videos coming out and investigations starting. Neither side will believe the other side has conducted a fair and transparent review.

Does always make me wonder if it will ever end? Can one side (not talking specific to Israel/Palestine here) ever really take the high ground and give enough to make the other side trust them completely?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Short answer = No, you only have to look at the the way these Middle Eastern countries and Arabs in particular love to carry a grudge and prolong a feud, its in their nature and culture to do so. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

That is what I'm thinking now too H. Just another reason to start a whole other series of strikes and attacks. Might as well prolong the misery for everybody.

I've often wondered why some groups are prone to this - the never giving up a grudge and always on the alert to start a fight. Is there such a thing as a pugilist gene?