Abusive teacher video prompts prosecutor to order his arrest

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

These quotes and variations are usually attributed to the Jesuits.

"Give me the child, and I will mould the man."
or
"Give me the child for seven years,
and I will give you the man."
or
"Give me the child until he is
seven and I care not who has him thereafter."
or
"Give me the child till the age of seven
and I will show you the man."

It says just everything about our formative years don't you think?
If you are treated with brutallity, then you end up as a brute 8)

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Agreed. Abuse is abuse if abuse however IMO it is always worse when it comes from a person in power, a person in control and who can control all aspects of your life and mete out abuse arbitrarily. A teacher is a person who is in a prime position to mold, encourage, create passion for a subject....This MONSTER did nothing to create a positive image of teaching as a profession. In fact he did nothing but deliever it to the lowest common denominator.

On another note - there was a veiled teacher present. Sad to say but she probably did not have any ability to intervene. By that I mean given the socialization of women, the culture, the devalued position of women in Muslim countries I highly doubt she could have intervened with a MAN on behalf of or in protection of the children.

Anytime it takes the value of 2 women to equal one man something is really really wrong.

Me thinks this woman probably suffered equally at the hands of this man. Maybe he didn't directly physically strike her but my guess would be that she was psychologically emotionally unable to stand up to him no matter what acts and actions he was engaged in.
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

I recall once telling Stan that he was not obliged to try to live up to the image of his avatar but he gets more curmudgeonly by the day :) I find in myself that I tend to "pontificate" more as I get older. Fortunately I have people around me who often respond with "and since when were you appointed the resident expert on....you name it" :lol: :lol: :lol: . Perhaps we could all do with a bit of that now and then.
Horus, the Jesuit quote I remember was.....give me the child until he is five and he is mine for life. I haven't brought myself to watch the video heading this thread. I consequently don't know how old the children were but I know well enough that brutalising children still goes on. Stan surely can't have meant to defend or accept it. I'm sure he thinks he is giving us all a kick in the backside for LLL's post about her leftie neighbours :lol: :lol: :lol: . After all he is the resident "leftie"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree with all of that Morgita except for the attempt to give us a kick up the butt, his normal response to any criticism is to make a comparison to something else, usually in the UK. :roll:

If someone remarks about children being beaten, he will quote Dickens and Workhouses, as if that comparison justifies the brutal act. If someone comments on food, he will tell us about some salmonella infested greasy spoon that he once ate in near Manchester, if you complain about harassment in Luxor, he will resort to telling us that we are all accosted on a daily basis by beggars in Manchester or some other such city. I have said this before, but Stan seems to have lived in some real dumps, eaten in some really awful places and associated with some real lowlifes if that is the extent of his knowledge and experience of the UK, no wonder he left us all behind to share his largess with another culture. Everything he says is coloured by some comparison to life here, a life that most of us normal people do not equate with. 8)

It actually beggars belief that someone can live in a third world country where everything from obtaining a driving licence to getting your hair cut involves corruption. Where the electricity is off more than it is on, where the water is undrinkable out of the tap and where it is either too hot to move during the day or filthy with dust. Where your internet is usually rubbish and your rubbish is usually dumped in the street or the nearest canal. Where you are likely to die if you go to the local hospital and they openly ill treat animals. Where they have no visible police force and when there is they abuse the populace. Where women are treated as chattels and children are routinely beaten in schools!
Yes it does sound a lot like the UK .................. NOT! 8)

And yes Morgita, there are several versions, :) that is why I quoted a few rather than just the one, but most are attributed to the Jesuits.