Terrorists attack Egyptian Pipeline

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Terrorists attack Egyptian Pipeline

Post by Horus »

No one has yet mentioned the report by the Egyptian government of a “Terrorist Attack” on a gas pipeline in Sinai. At first it was assumed to be the Israeli branch of the pipeline, but later it was said to be one supplying Jordan. The TV pictures showed a huge burning cloud of gas over the desert that must have been hundreds of feet high.

I find this to be a disturbing escalation of the current events and may possibly lead to more such incidents taking place in Egypt. This area is quite remote from the current centres of protest and may be an indication that some elements have now moved out of the cities and are prepared to attack vital installations further a field. Had this been the Israeli pipeline it may have made more sense to blame anti Israeli factions for this attack and dismiss it as those factions taking advantage of the current situation.

However as this is an attack on a pipeline supplying gas to Jordan it does seem to be anti government supporters rather than terrorist, as Jordan is a friendly country it can only be intended to damage the ecconomy. Should this prove to be the case the implications for the situation widening to other parts of Egypt is dire and begs the question, “What will be considered a legitimate target in the future?”

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Pipeline

Post by Jayway »

Well in my opinion it was a mistake - - - :( and now they have maps on the tv no doubt the right one will go next - - - :roll: :roll: :roll:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The latest reports are saying that it was not an attack and the head of Egypt's natural gas company, Magdy Toufik, later said the fire had been caused by a gas leak.
So maybe it is just a coincidence :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Here the 'news' about the fire was broadcast with speculation only about 'who' caused it.

Personally I've been leaning to my own theory that "Terrorists" are opportunistic and now that attention is focus'd on one place they can sneak in and create havoc in another area.